The Competition Dining Series Greenville, a single-elimination tournament highlighting the best of the state’s food, agriculture and culinary talent, will pit 14 highly competitive chefs against each other in its upcoming series in the South Carolina Upstate. After years of competing across the state of North Carolina, the summer of 2015 marks the first foray for Competition Dining across state lines into South Carolina. Each of the 13 interactive Greenville battles will be hosted at Larkin’s Sawmill from Aug. 3 through Sept. 7. Tickets, info on participating chefs & more are available online. at the Competition Dining website.
As many of you know, I travel with the Competition Dining team, as the voice behind all of Competition Dining’s social media; as a liason between all of our current and potential sponsors; and as a connection between the chefs and literally hundreds of North and South Carolina farmers. I love scouting local farmers markets and niche grocery stores in each region in which we compete, looking for great product to feature in battles in Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Charlotte, NC and now in Greenville, SC, too!
The Greenville farmers’ markets are the bomb, from the Downtown Greenville TD Saturday Market to the market at Travelers Rest. If the crowds are any indicator, its a sure thing that Greenville locals know that shopping Local is the only way to go! I can’t wait for Competition Dining Greenville guests to taste all the great LOCAL Certified South Carolina product we’ve found to feature in each of the Greenville Battles; and I can’t wait to see how our 14 Greenville series chefs showcase it all!
Competition Dining is the Carolina’s favorite culinary sport. At each dinner, two teams of chefs battle it out, each preparing three courses centered on a secret featured regional ingredient. Ticketed guests from across the Carolinas arrive the evening of competition to savor a six-course meal without knowing which chef prepared which dishes. Unlike any other cooking competition, attendees vote on each course using their smart device and a specially designed app, and ultimately help determine who moves on to the next round and who goes home. It’s addictive and you’ll most certainly want to come & experience it more than once!
- August 3 Dinner: Chef Anne Young of The Starving Artist Café in Easley, versus Chef Damion Norton of Professional Catering in Greenville RESERVATIONS
- August 4 Dinner: Chef Jennifer Barone of Stellar Restaurant & Wine Bar in Greenville, versus Chef Ryan Kline of Buffalo Nickel in Asheville RESERVATIONS
- August 10 Dinner: Chef Blake Hartwick of Bonterra Dining & Wine Room in Charlotte, versus Chef Francis Turck of The Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards in Salem RESERVATIONS
- August 11 Dinner: Chef Charlie Brown of Local Cue in Greenville, versus Chef Eden Roorda of oneFIFTYone Boutique Bar & Kitchen at Hotel Indigo in Asheville RESERVATIONS
- August 17 Dinner: Chef Todd Warden of The Cliffs Valley in Greenville, versus Chef Nohe Weir-Villatoro of King James Public House in Asheville RESERVATIONS
- August 18 Dinner: Chef Samuel Murry of 21 east in Greenville, versus Chef Teryi Youngblood of Passerelle Bistro in Greenville RESERVATIONS
- August 19 Dinner: Chef Bo Wilder of Henry’s Smokehouse in Greenville versus the winner of the August 3 battle RESERVATIONS
- August 24 Dinner: Chef Edward A. Wallace of Adventures In Taste in Easley versus the winner of the August 11 battle RESERVATIONS
- August 25 Dinner: Winner of Aug 4 Battle versus Winner of Aug 10 Battle RESERVATIONS
- August 26 Dinner: Winner of Aug 17 Battle versus Winner of Aug 18 Battle RESERVATIONS
- August 31 Dinner: Winner of Aug 19 Battle versus Winner of Aug 25 Battle RESERVATIONS
- September 1 Dinner: Winner of Aug 24 Battle versus Winner of Aug 26 Battle RESERVATIONS
Grand Finale: September 7 Dinner: Winner of Aug 31 Battle Versus Winner of Sept 1 Battle RESERVATIONS
“Since we started these battles, Competition Dining Series has hosted hundreds of chefs and thousands of community members in North Carolina,” said Jimmy Crippen, Competition Dining Series founder and host. “We’re thrilled to do the same in Greenville with the launch of our first South Carolina series. We have chefs from here in Greenville and all over the region, and it’s sure to be a highly competitive tournament.”
By the end of the 2015 season, the Competition Dining Series will have hosted 80 individual teams of Carolina chefs in three regions of North Carolina: Raleigh, Winston-Salem & Charlotte as well as the series in Greenville, SC.
Ultimately, five regional winning chefs will have received a grand prize of $2,000 and a handmade chef knife by Ironman Forge and each winning team member will have been awarded with Competition Dining’s coveted Red Chef Jacket. Additionally, all five regional championship teams win the right to move on to compete in the Battle of Champions Final Fire held in October in Raleigh, NC.
Winners and winning teams so far for the 2015 season include: Chef Ryan Conklin and team REX Healthcare in Raleigh; Chef Joe Cornett and team The Flipside Restaurant in Rock Hill, SC and Chef Brent Martin and team The Summit Room in Charlotte, NC and most recently Chef Richard Miller and team Graze in Winston Salem.
Who will the Greenville, SC winner be? Only time will tell. But time goes fast, so if you want to come and see for your self, make your Greenville reservations now!
An interactive culinary experience, Competition Dining is unlike any other dining event in the country. and as host Jimmy Crippen is fond of saying, “Its the most fun you can have on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night!”
Make Your Reservations Today Online at CompetitionDining.com; click on the Greenville Icon OR SIMPLE USE THE RESERVATION LINKS IN THIS POST. I’ll be at each and every Greenville Battle – Hope to see you there!